The British Motorcar Festival kicks into gear at Colt State Park in Bristol on Thursday, June 9 through Sunday, June 12 with more than 300 vintage British motorcars, the country's only invitational All British Concours dElegance (judged competition), The British Classic Motorcar Show (Peoples Choice), a British Car Corral of motorcars for purchase, a dealer display of new British Motorcars, a British Marketplace with motoring accessories, apparel and jewelry, food, drink and much more.
The action begins Thursday, June 9 at 8:30 AM as the British cars depart from Colt State Park for the Hidden Highway Hundred Rally, a leisurely 100-mile drive through the back roads of Rhode Island, with a stop in Little Compton for lunch and wine tasting at Carolyns Sakonnet Vineyards, where the cars will be displayed on the lawn before traveling back to Bristol for a Rally Completion Ribbon Ceremony and dinner.
Friday will bring the Bristol Merchants Association Fun Rally featuring a self-guided scavenger hunt with turn-by-turn directions through town followed by a street party held in downtown Bristol at Independence Park. The party is open to the motorcar show registrants and their guests, and the general public, free of charge from 6:30 to 9:30 PM.
Thursday, June 9
- Hidden Highway Hundred Rally, 9:30 AM - 4:00 PM -- A leisurely 100-mile drive that takes participants on a coastal tour through the back roads of Rhode Island, stopping in Little Compton for lunch and wine tasting at Carolyns Sakonnet Vineyards, where the cars will be displayed on the lawn before traveling back to Bristol for a Rally Completion Ribbon Ceremony and dinner.
Friday, June 10
- Bristol Fun Rally, 2:00 - 4:00 PM -- Organized by the Bristol Merchants Association, this self-guided scavenger hunt takes participants through town with where merchants windows will be dressed in British style. Drivers will be challenged to answer a few questions to be eligible for prizes.
- Note: wear your Bristol British Motorcar Festival name badge for special deals when you shop stores participating in the Merchants British Window Display.
- Procession to Independence Park, 5:45 PM -- An assemblage of British motorcars parade to downtown Bristol for the street party.
- Street Party at Independence Park: 6:30 - 9:30 PM -- Performance by Abbey Rhode, Rhode Island's own Beatles band.
Saturday, June 11
- Show Grounds open 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- British Concours dElegance -- World-class, professionally-judged competition of 30 examples of British motoring excellence that are 25 years old or older. Judging begins at 10:00 AM. Awards presented at 2:30 PM with a drive-by.
- Arrival of the Queen, 10:00 - 10:30 AM -- The festival's Queen will make her entrance in her horse drawn Coronation Carriage with royal cannon salute.
- British Classic Motorcar Show The British Classic Motorcar Show will feature British Motorcars of all makes, models, and descriptions organized on the lawn by class. Peoples Choice balloting is by registered car owners from 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM. Awards at 3:30 PM.
- The Queen Arrives, 10:00-10:30am Arriving in a horse drawn coach, the Queen will hold court.
- Ladies Hat Competition, 11:00 AM - All ladies who are car show registrants, their guests, and the General Public are eligible. Awards at 1:00 PM.
- British Attire Competition, 11:00 AM -- Car show registrants, their guests, and the General Public are invited to dress British on Saturday. From 11:00 AM, judges rove the show grounds incognito seeking to award the best of the best in a variety of themes, such as Most Humorous, Most British, Best Hat, Best Youth Costume, Best Kilt, Best Famous Brit, and more. Awards at 2:00 PM.
Sunday, June 12
- Show Grounds open 9:00 AM - 3:30 PM
- Competition of Colors: Cars park by color. Judging begins 10:00 AM. Awards at 2:00 pm
- British Car Corral, 10:00 AM -- An opportunity to buy or sell a British Motor Car or Motorcycle.
- Winner's Drive-By, 11:00 AM -- First Place Winners in the British Classic from Saturday. Winning Motorcars will receive a special collector’s ribbon and their owners will be afforded an opportunity to tell the public about their motorcars. Concours winners are also encouraged to participate.
- Tailgate Picnic Competition, 10:00 AM. Contestants compete for honors with their Tailgate Displays based upon British Themes. Awards will be given for Most Elegant, Most Creative, Most British, Best Costume, Best Tasting, and Most Humorous. Awards at 1:00 PM.
Friday, Saturday and Sunday will also feature a British Racing Paddock. New this year, the paddock will exclusively feature a display of British Racing Motorcars.
- $15 for a Saturday & Sunday pass
- $10 for Sunday only
- Children under 12 free
- Parking: $5 per car
Sponsors: Newport Harbor Guide | Audrain Automobile Museum | Aston Martin of New England | With the Support of: Bristol Parks & Recreation, R.I. Department of Environmental Management | Town of Bristol | Herreshoff Marine Museum | Discover Newport | Explore Bristol | East Bay Chamber of Commerce | Historic Downtown Bristol, Bristol Merchants Association | Linden Place | 1540 WADK radio