As the leaves on the trees change throughout Newport County, so do the hours and operations of some of our restaurants. The arrival of Autumn means Newport's seasonal restaurants and rooftops begin to close their doors for the season, but not to worry -- we've compiled a list of where to find one last lobster roll and summer spritzer at your favorite seasonal spot before it's too late:
- Atlantic Beach Club: Weather depending, the outdoor patio is open through early fall. Atlantic Beach Club will say goodbye for good on January 1 and reopen under new ownership.
- Belle's Cafe: Closes for the season on December 18th
- The Black Pearl Waterside Patio: Weather dependent
- Evelyn's Drive In in Tiverton: Closes for the season September 27th
- Flo's Clam Shack:
- Middletown Location: Open Thursday through Sunday Labor day through Thanksgiving. Closes Thanksgiving Weekend until March.
- Portsmouth Location: Open until Halloween
- The Landing: Waterfront Patio dependent on weather. Restaurant closes in December (Exact date to be determined)
- The Lawn at Castle Hill Inn: Open through Columbus Day Weekend
- The Lobster Bar: Closes for the season in November (Exact date to be determined)
- Marina Cafe & Pub: Open through Columbus Day Weekend
- Perry Mill Tavern: Closed for the season
- Smokehouse: Open through Columbus day weekend
- Clarke Cooke House's Summer Sushi: Will resume next season
Note: The Pier, which usually closes for the season, will stay open through winter!
Rooftops and Bars:
- The Cliff Walk Terrace at The Chanler: Closed for the season
- Hotel Viking Rooftop Bar: Closed for the season
- Pineapples at the Bay at Hyatt Newport: Closed for the season. Typically reopens for Newport Winter Festival.
- The Rooftop at Vanderbilt Grace: Open through Columbus Day Weekend
The featured image in this post is courtesy of Newport Restaurant Group