Todays Coastal Cooking recipe is courtesy ofChef Kyle Carlos of Portsmouth Publick House via our weekly Rhode Show segments, which premiere Tuesdays at 9am.
What You'll Need:
- 2 lbs of Chicken Breast or 2lbs Shrimp
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp garlic
- 2 cups of White or Brown Rice
- 4 Cup Water
For Mozambique Sauce:
lb Butter 5 oz Minced Garlic 36 oz Budweiser or Heavy Lager 2 -3 packets of Sazon Goya 2 4 tbsp Pimenta Moida (Portuguese Red Pepper Sauce) for spicy use 4tbsp 1 cup Franks hot sauce 2 oz Lemon Juice 1 tsp Salt 1 tsp Pepper
How To Make It:
- In small pot add rice and water. Bring to a boil then shut off burner, keep covered until rice is fluffy. Approximately 15 minutes.
- Dice chicken into cubes. If using shrimp, peel and de-vain shrimp. In saucepan add butter, garlic and chicken or shrimp. Saut until browned, not fully cooked through. Approximately 5-6 minutes on medium/high heat depending on burner.
- For Mozambique sauce, add butter and garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes on high heat or until garlic is translucent. Add Sazon seasoning and beer and let cook for 2-4 minutes on high heat. Add Pimenta Moida, hot sauce and lemon juice and let cook for 2-4 minutes. Add chicken or shrimp, and let simmer on low heat for 5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Once rice is cooked, place rice on bottom of bowl or large plate. Put chicken or shrimp over rice, and top with Mozambique sauce.