Today's Coastal Cooking recipe is courtesy of Pastry Chef Catie Zamow from Statesman Tavern in Bristol, Rhode Island via our weekly Rhode Show segments, which premiere Tuesdays at 9:00 AM.
- 2 ¼ c. Water
- ¼ c. Sugar
- ¼ c. Vegetable Oil
- 1 t. Salt
- 2 c. Flour
- *Fryer oil
- Cinnamon & Sugar to taste
- Heat fryer oil to 375℉.
- Bring first four ingredients to a boil.
- Remove pot from heat and stir in flour with a wooden spoon until batter comes together and pulls away from the sides of the pot.
- Transfer dough to a piping bag with a #867 star tip.
- Pipe dough to desired length and drop into hot oil.
- Fry until dark brown.
- Toss immediately in cinnamon sugar.
- Serve with desired sauces or on their own.