Today's Coastal Cooking recipe is courtesy of Chef Kathleen Seguin from the Bristol House Bed & Breakfast via our weekly Rhode Show segments, which premiere Tuesdays at 9:00 AM.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup corn meal
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup veg oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 cup chopped, toasted pecans
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients: flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a blender, blend together the eggs, buttermilk & vanilla.
- Add the egg mixture all at once into the flour mixture and stir just until moistened. Stir in oil.
- Add approximately 1/2 cup of batter to a pre-heated, greased waffle iron and cook according to the instructions from your waffle iron.
- In small saucepan, stir together maple syrup, bourbon and cinnamon stick. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve with syrup and pecans.
The featured image in the post is courtesy of Bristol House B&B's Facebook.