If you've ever imagined yourself at the helm of a lobster boat, then it's time to climb aboard one to experience lobstering first-hand.
Join the fleet of working fishing boats in Newport Harbor aboard the 50 ft. wooden lobster boat F/V Northeastern for a lobster tour with Fish'n Tales Adventures. Led by Captain Rob Demasi, a Rhode Island commercial fisherman with more than three decades of experience, you'll motor out to some of the best lobster fishing grounds in New England.
The tour is part scenic adventure and part learning experience. You'll see how lobster traps are hauled from the sea floor, then get to work, helping to prepare bait, sort the catch and throw small lobsters back in the bay. Learn how lobstermen decide whether a lobster is good to keep, or needs more time at the bottom of the sea.
- Departs: Bowen's Wharf (next to Aquidneck Lobster Company); 12:30 PM, 2:30 PM, 4:30 PM
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Admission: $28 adults, $25 seniors, $22 children 12 and under
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- This marine adventure stays in protected waters
- The classic Main-built vessel is U.S.C.G. certified
- Wear soft-soled shoes only - no heels or hard leather boots on board
- Dress for changing weather conditions
For more details and to purchase tickets, visit fishntalesadventures.com/lobstering-tours
Tag your photos #TheClassicCoast for the chance to be featured on our accounts.