When: July 10 - 17, 2016
Where: International Tennis Hall of Fame, 194 Bellevue Avenue, Newport
Tickets: Range from $23 - $249.
Game, set, match! Hot off Wimbledon, the top ATP World Tour pros have arrived in Newport to compete in the International Hall of Fame Tennis Championships taking place July 10 - 17, 2016. Contested on the historic grass tennis courts of the International Tennis Hall of Fame, which have hosted all the legends of the sport since 1880, the tournament is the only event played on grass courts outside of Europe, and it offers the only opportunity to see professional men's tennis in the Northeast prior to the US Open.
Stroll the grounds of the historic Tennis Hall of Fame and savor sweet libations, savory snacks and specialty items from a variety of vendors including Inpopnito, Alex & Ani, Del's Lemonade, Honest Tea, Caroyln's Sakonnet Vineyard, New Amsterdam and more. Then grab a seat to watch your favorite players take the court. When you've worked up an appetite, head over to the fan zone where you'll find a food court and a place to sit and relax.
- Sunday, July 10, 10:00 AM: Family day & qualifying rounds. Doors open at 9:30 AM.
- Monday July 11 - Friday, July 15, 11:00 AM: Main draw singles & doubles. Doors open at 10:00 AM.
- Saturday, July 16. Doors open at 10:30 AM.
- 12:00 PM: Induction ceremony
- 2:00 PM: Singles semifinals
- Doubles final to follow singles semis
- Sunday, July 17. Doors open at 9:00 AM.
- 11:00 AM: PowerShares Series matches
- 3:00 PM: Singles final
WHAT TO WEAR
Feel free to dress casual! Nothing fancy here, but you should plan for a warm day. Shorts, skirts and sundresses are recommended while sun hats, comfortable shoes and sunscreen are highly encouraged.
WHERE TO PARK
Parking for the International Tennis Hall of Fame is free at the Newport Visitor Information Center at 23 America's Cup Avenue in Newport. Once you park your car, step aboard trolley #67 (the yellow line) for a ride up to ITHF. It leaves every 20 minutes Monday - Friday, and every 15 minutes on Saturday, July 16 and Sunday, July 17 starting on the hour. Trolley rides cost $2 each way.
Pro tip: Ask for a receipt when you board the trolley and show it to the Visitor Center staff when you exit so you can park all day for just $2.
As recommended by the International Tennis Hall of Fame:
- Arrive early to avoid delays
- Prohibited items: Backpacks, briefcases, bags (with the exception of small hand bags), strollers, coolers, laptops and video cameras. Note: bag and stroller storage not offered on site.
WHAT ABOUT TICKETS?
Ticket prices depend on which days and packages you would like to partake in. To view pricing and make a purchase, visit halloffametennischampionships.com