The Jamestown Arts Center (JAC) will screen eight short films from the 2015 Rhode Island International Film Festival (RIIFF) on Thursday, February 18 at 7pm. The following information is courtesy of jamestownartcenter.org:
- Albertine Directed by Alexis Van Stratum. From France. Living an isolated life, 81 year old widow Albertine accepts help from her neighbor Mr. Dumont, which leads to an unforgettable night. (20m.) Details here and here
- The Alchemists Letter Directed by Carlos Andre Stevens. Animation. A late alchemist exposes his estranged son to the truth surrounding his tumultuous life and the dark magic used to power a gold making machine. (5 m.) Details.
- The Answers Directed by Michael Goode. The victim of an accident gets answers to every question hes ever had about life, including the most important one of all -what did it all mean?(8 m.) Details.
- Golden Directed by Kai Stanicke. From Germany. A tale of being different and growing up.(2m.)
- Moving On Directed by Marcia Fields and Mike Spear. In a world of technology replacing human interaction, a man deals with a moving company that delivers his girlfriends breakup news and their services to move him out of their apartment. (11m.) Details.
- The Orchestra Directed by Mikey Hill. From Australia. Animation. In a world filled with beautiful and harmonious music, elderly Vernon always seems to strike the wrong notes, until someone moves in next door. (15m.) Details.
- Providence Directed by Dan Fountain. On the eve of her future sister-in-laws wedding, a woman returns to her husbands childhood home and the two spend the night dealing with questions of love, marriage and why there are no all night drug stores in Providence, Rhode Island. (15m.) Details.
- Rita Mahtoubian is Not a Terrorist Directed by Deanna Barillari, Julia Lerman, and Roja Gashtili. When Iranian-born Rita sets out to change her life she accidentally captures the attention of a homeland security agent.(8 m.) Details.
$10 Suggested donation at the door. Jamestown Arts Center 18 Valley Street, Jamestown, RI The featured image in this post is courtesy of jamestownartcenter.org