Newport was the home of the first International Polo Club, known as The Westchester Polo Club, in 1886. The Westchester Polo Club was established in 1876 by founding members who hailed mostly from Westchester County, NY. They established summer headquarters in Newport, RI and remained active until 1929. In 1992, the club was revived and renamed the Newport Polo Club. Today, the club remains registered with the United States Polo Association under the historic Westchester name. The outdoor polo season and public exhibition matches take place at Glen Farm, a site whose heritage dates back over 370 years, Saturdays in June through September.