newportFILM Outdoors returns early for one night to celebrate Earth Day with a special screening amongst the daffodils at the Ronald Fleming historic house and gardens. The film is presented in partnership with Newport Daffodil Days Festival, and will feature food vendors, a cash bar and pre-film live music.
When: Thursday, April 20
Where: Bellevue House - Ronald Lee Fleming's historic house & gardens | 304 Bellevue Avenue, Newport
- 6:00 PM: Venue opens for picnicking & strolling the magnificent gardens. Food Vendors & cash bar open,
- 6:30 PM: Pre-film live music featuring Bill Bartholomew
- 7:45 PM: Film, followed by Q&A
About the Film: Few things on Earth are as miraculous and vital as seeds. Worshipped and treasured since the dawn of humankind. SEED: The Untold Story follows passionate seed keepers protecting our 12,000 year-old food legacy. In the last century, 94% of our seed varieties have disappeared. As biotech chemical companies control the majority of our seeds, farmers, scientists, lawyers, and indigenous seed keepers ﬁght a David and Goliath battle to defend the future of our food. In a harrowing and heartening story, these reluctant heroes rekindle a lost connection to our most treasured resource and revive a culture connected to seeds. SEED features Vandana Shiva, Dr. Jane Goodall, Andrew Kimbrell, Winona Laduke and Raj Patel.
- Food vendors: Boru Noodle Bar, Free Popcorn
- Cash Bar: Wine, Beer, & specialty cocktails by "The Cocktail Guru" Jonathan Pogash
- BYO picnic, blankets & chairs
- Bring warm blankets, jackets, sleeping bags, etc to stay warm & cozy during the film as temperature could be chilly
- Street parking available
- Inclement Weather Venue: Casino Theatre, 9 Freebody Street, Newport