Enticing meals don't have to end when Newport Restaurant Week does. These featured recipes taken from our participating restaurants will have you channeling your inner culinary skills long after NRW comes to a close.
Midtown Oyster Bar's Crispy Brussels’
Serves 4 - 24 Brussels Sprouts
- 2 Cups Canola 350* or another Vegetable Oil for Frying:
- Note: This stage is optional; and must be managed quite carefully in the home due to potential fire hazard. Never leave unattended oil on the range...always use a heavy bottom pan in which the sides are 3 times above the cooking oil in the pan.
- 1T Unsalted Butter
- 1tsp Chopped Ginger
- 1tsp Chopped Garlic
- 2 tsp Pure Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Diced Jalapeño
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds, White & Black: Toasted
- 2 tsp Chopped Toasted Pistachios
- Pinch each: Salt, Pepper,
- Heat Oil
- Fry Brussels for 90 seconds
- Carefully remove from oil using a slotted spoon or skimmer; turn off oil. remove from stove.
- Warm a large saute pan, add all of the above prep ingredients, but only half of the Sesame oil. Sauté for a minute...until ginger and garlic are fragrant...do not brown.
- Add the Brussels, heat until ready to serve...approx 4-5 min.
- Place the Brussels into a large serving platter or individual serving dishes.
- Drizzle remaining 1tsp Sesame Oil onto top of Sprouts, Then finish with Sesame Seeds & Pistachios...
Serve Hot! Bon Appetit!
- Chef Mitch