Enticing meals don't have to end when Newport Restaurant Week does. These featured recipes taken from our participating restaurants will have you channeling your inner culinary skills long after NRW comes to a close.
Crispy Oysters from Bristol Oyster Bar
- 5 each locally grow oysters, shucked. Bottom half of shell is thoroughly cleaned discard top shell.
- Iceberg lettuce, chiffonade
- Pickled butternut squash 1oz
- Pickled ginger and jus 1oz
- Local gala apples semi fine dice 1oz
- Local sweet corn 1oz
- English cucumber semi fine dice 1oz
- Hand squeezed lemon juice and zest <1oz
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garnished with pickled red onions
Dust oysters in 2:1 corn meal to flour. Season to taste.
Fry quickly (less than 2 minutes @ 350*F
Garnish with relish and enjoy.