The Rhode Island International Film Festival (RIIFF) presents Mais Oui French Shorts on Thursday, May 19 at 7:00 pm at the Jamestown Arts Center. RIIFF, established in 1981 as "The Newport Film Society," is designed to foster contact among film directors, artists, producers, distributors, backers and audiences.
Mais Oui French Shorts will feature:
- Chez Moi My House (12m.) Directed by Phuong Mai Nguyen. From France. Hugo’s mother is back home, but the day after he finds mysterious black feathers all over the house.
- Josef et Aimee (15m.) Directed by Ben Shirinian. From Canada. Set in the south of France during WWII, a young boy’s quest to reunite with a cherished friend takes him on a journey where he finds so much more
- Les Fremissement du The Way of Tea (21m.) Directed by Marc Fouchard. From France. In a small town in Northern France, Alex, a young skinhead, enters Malik’s grocery store.
- Maurice (13m.) Directed by Francois Jaros. From Canada. Maurice has made up his mind that everything will be fine. He’s made a list: pick a date, announce his retirement, sell the car, empty the garage
- L’Etourdissement Stunned (23m.) Directed by Gerard Pautonnier. From France. Following the accidental death of a colleague, Eddy and George must announce the terrible news to the wife of the deceased, but they find the mission to be more difficult than expected.
Jamestown Arts Center
18 Valley Street
Jamestown, RI 02835
For more information visit Facebook.com/MaisOui