This post was written by Discover Newport intern Cassie O'Bryan
34th Annual Great Chowder Cook-Off
- Saturday, June 6, 2015
- 12 p.m. - 6 p.m.
- 11 a.m. entry for Chowder Power Hour Ticket holders ONLY
- Fort Adams State Park, North Lawn
- 90 Fort Adams Drive, Newport, RI, 02840
Admission Cost: Tickets on SALE NOW
- Advanced Price: $20 through June 5
- Day -Of Price: $25 on Saturday, June 6
- Chowderhead Club - Limited tickets available for exclusive access to Chowder Power Hour, where attendees indulge in an early access experience from 11 a.m. - Noon. Available for sale prior to event.
- Children under the age of 12: FREE with the company of an adult
Join the festivities and watch chowder fanaticscompete alongside preexisting chowder competitors and newcomers for the reigning title of "The Best Chowder in the World." This event is the original and longest-running chowder competition and people travelfrom all over the country to compete in the cook-off.
Upon arrival, expect all you can eat chowder, live music from native Rhode Island reggae band, The Ravers, and outdoor entertainment including kids activities. There will also be alternative seafood available Farmers Market Style, showcasing local shellfish and seafood from Rhode Island's Matunuck Oyster Farm.
- Purchase tickets at www.newportwaterfrontevents.com
- Order by phone: 800-745-3000
- In person: Newport Waterfront Events Box Office located at the Newport Yachting Center, 4 Commercial Wharf, Newport, RI, 02840.
Other Information Inquiries: 888-900-8640 or www.newportwaterfrontevents.com
[gallery type="rectangular" link="file" ids="1394,1395,1396,1397,1398,1399,1400" orderby="rand"]