Nothing makes us feel better about gorging on a heap of tantalizing dishes than going for a run beforehand.
Perhaps Warren's Food Truck 5k/10k is on to something. Newly created USATF Certified courses will start and finish on the grounds at the Pete Sepe Pavilion in Warren. While the course, leading towards Touisett P Point, is both flat and straight, it affords participants a scenic experience passing through many of Warren's most charming locations. Course options will vary between 5k, 10k, and a one-mile walk on the East Bay Bike Path. Kid races for ages 13 and under will be offered as well.
A Food Truck Festival will proceed the race offering a beer garden, live music and of course, a fete of flavorsome offerings. Featured Food Trucks will include:
Date: Saturday, May 7, 2016
- Registration begins at 12:00pm
- Kids' Race: 2:00pm
- 10k: 3:00pm
- 5k: 3:10pm
- One-mile Walk: 3:20pm
Location: Pete Sepe Pavilion
- 10k: $35 preregistered, $40 registered day of race, Students $20 anytime
- 5k: $25 preregistered, $30 registered day of race, Students $20 anytime
- 1-Mile Walk: $15
- Kids Race: $5
- Family-Pack (includes entry in any combo of the above for entire family): $60
- USATF Certified 10k & 5k courses start on the grounds of the Pete Sepe Pavilion. Follow the Bike Path to Long Lane and on out through Touisset
- One-mile Walk on Bike Path to Long Lane (or further if you wish) and return.
- Kids Races on the grounds of the Pete Sepe Pavilion.
- First overall male and female finishers
- First finishers from each Bristol and Warren School
- First male and female overall finishers in age groups:
- 10-14, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80 & up
T-shirt included with all preregistrations.
How To Get There:
Take Route 195 to Route 136S (exit 2) to Warren to Route 103E, turn right at the Kickemuit Middle School onto Asylum Road. The Hugh Cole School is at the end of Asylum road. Parking available at Hugh Cole School and Kickemuit Middle School.