Car fanatics, the British Motorcar Festival kicks into gear at Colt State Park in Bristol this weekend with more than 300 vintge British motorcars, the country's only invitational All British Concours dElegance (judged competition), The British Classic Motorcar Show (Peoples Choice), a British Car Corral of motorcars for purchase, a dealer display of new British Motorcars, a British Marketplace with motoring accessories, apparel and jewelry, food, drink and British Invasion music. The festival will also feature a visit from The Queen who will arrive Saturday morning in her royal horse drawn carriage to a cannon salute and hold court over the Ladies Hat Competition. Show registrants and their guests, and the general public are invited to attend, appropriately dressed (you will be in a queen's presence after all!) to compete for recognition in the British Attire Competition. The action begins Thursday, June 11 at 9:30am as 40 British cars sporting special Monte Carlo-style rally plates depart from Colt State Park for the Hidden Highway Hundred Rally a leisurely 100-mile drive that takes participants on a coastal tour through Tiverton, Adamsville, Westport and Little Compton for lunch and wine tasting at Carolyns Sakonnet Vineyards, where the cars will be displayed on the lawn before traveling back to Bristol for a Rally Completion Ribbon Ceremony and dinner. Friday will bring a "Fun Rally" scavenger hunt with turn-by-turn directions through town and a street party held in downtown Bristol at Independence Park with a live British Band (Abbey Rhode) and reserved parking for British Motorcars. The party is open to the motorcar show registrants and their guests, and the general public, free of charge from 6:30 to 9:30pm
Thursday, June 11
- Hidden Highway Hundred Rally: 9:30am 4:00pm A leisurely 100-mile drive that takes participants on a coastal tour through Tiverton, Adamsville, Westport and Little Compton for lunch and wine tasting at Carolyns Sakonnet Vineyards, where the cars will be displayed on the lawn before traveling back to Bristol for a Rally Completion Ribbon Ceremony and dinner.
Friday, June 12
- Bristol Fun Rally: 2:00 - 4:00pm A self-guided scavenger hunt with turn-by-turn directions through town where merchants windows will be dressed in British style. Drivers will be challenged to answer a few questions to be eligible for prizes.
- Procession to Independence Park: 5:45pm An assemblage of British motorcars parade to downtown Bristol.
- Street Party at Independence Park: 6:30 - 9:30pm Performance by Abbey Rhode, Rhode Islands own Beatles band. Hosted by the Town of Bristol.
Saturday, June 13
- Show Grounds open 9:00am 5:00pm
- British Concours dElegance World-class, professionally-judged competition of 30 examples of British motoring excellence that are 25 years old or older. Judging begins at 10:00am. Awards presented at 2:30pm with a drive-by.
- British Classic Motorcar Show The British Classic Motorcar Show will feature 30 classes of British Motorcars of all makes, models, and descriptions, including but not limited to Aston Martin, Lagonda, AC, Bentley, Rolls-Royce, Morgan, Jaguar, Austin Healey, MG, Jensen, Triumph, Land Rover, Sunbeam, Lotus, Morris and Daimler. Peoples Choice balloting is by registered car owners from 11:00am 1:00pm. Awards at 3:30pm.
- The Queen Arrives: 10:00-10:30am Arriving in a horse drawn coach, the Queen will hold court.
- Ladies Hat Competition The Queen assembles ladies:11:00am All ladies who are car show registrants, their guests, and the General Public are eligible. Awards at 1:00 PM.
- British Attire Competition: 11:00am. Awards at 2:00pm. Car show registrants, their guests, and the General Public are invited to dress British on Saturday. From 11:00 AM, judges rove the show grounds incognito seeking to award the best of the best in a variety of themes, such as Most Traditional, Best Famous Brit (except for the Queen as there can only be one Queen), Most British, Most Humorous, Best Kilt and others too numerous to mention.
Sunday, June 14
- Show Grounds open: 9:00am 3:30pm
- Competition of Colors: Cars park by color. Judging begins 10 AM. Awards at 2pm
- Tailgate Picnic Competition: 12pm. Awards at 1pm.
- Rolling Review and commentary: 11am
Saturday and Sunday will also offer:
- British Car Corral: British cars for sale by owners
- British Marketplace and Auto Jumble (Saturday and Sunday) Here you will find British Motoring accessories, Motoring books, scale model motorcars, NOS Parts, Services, British clothing, ladies jewelry and more.
- Food and Beverage Concessions
- $15 for a Saturday & Sunday pass
- $10 for Sunday only
- Children under 12 free
Sponsors: Newport Harbor Guide Magazine | Audrain Automobile Museum | Aston Martin of New England / Lotus Motorsports, Inc. | With the Support of: Bristol Parks & Recreation, R.I. Department of Environmental Management | Town of Bristol | Herreshoff Marine Museum | Discover Newport | Explore Bristol | East Bay Chamber of Commerce | Historic Downtown Bristol, Bristol Merchants Association | Linden Place | John Andrade Insurance Agency | Bristol Yacht Club | 1540 WADK radio.