Wine+Dine Weekend Getaway Official Rules
Official Rules, Terms and Conditions of the Wine+Dine Weekend Getaway to Newport, Rhode Island.
Sponsored by: Discover Newport
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. No purchase necessary to enter to win, in accordance to the contest rules. Void where prohibited or restricted by law, or internal company policy. All federal, state, provincial, and local law and regulations apply.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is offered and open only to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia who are accredited meeting planners and are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. Any determinations of eligibility will be made by Sponsor whose decisions are final. Proof of age, eligibility and identity must be furnished to Sponsor upon request. Entrants may be subject to rules imposed by their employers relative to their participation in trade promotions and should check with their company for any relevant policies. By participating in this Promotion, entrant warrants that he/she has complied with his/her employer’s policy regarding acceptance of premiums or gifts and that he/she has informed his/her employer of entrant’s participation in the Wine+Dine Weekend Promotion. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, Discover Newport, their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family members (spouses and parents, children and siblings and their spouses, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors (collectively, “Wine+Dine Weekend Promotion Entities”) are not eligible.
2. TO ENTER: Entries for the Promotion may be submitted beginning 12/1/2019 through 11:59 p.m. ET on 6/30/2020 (the “Promotion Period”). All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. ET on 6/30/2020. To enter, the entrant must meet all eligibility requirements. Meeting planner must submit a valid Request for Proposal, sourced thru Discover Newport. Rooms must be contracted by June 30, 2020 and have a minimum of 20 total sleeping room nights utilized during the meeting. Entries must be completed in English. All entry form information must be complete and accurate. Incomplete and inaccurate entries will not be considered. Photocopied and mechanically generated entries are void. Entries generated by a script, macro, or any automated means are void. Electronic and e-mail entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address at the time of the entry. The authorized account holder is the person to whom the applicable internet service provider or other organization (such as a business or educational institution) has assigned the e-mail address. Electronic entries submitted via “cookie” from a user’s computer will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized user who was logged in at that computer terminal at the time the entry was submitted.
3. WINNER SELECTION and NOTIFICATION: On July 3, 2020, Discover Newport will randomly select two (2) winners from all eligible entries received. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received. Winners will be notified by e-mail, postal mail and/or express mail at Sponsor’s sole discretion. If a potential winner fails to respond within 10 days of Sponsor’s notification attempt, the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner will be selected at random from the remaining eligible entries. Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, illegible, or out-of-service e-mail addresses or other contact information. The two Grand Prize winners will be required to execute a release of liability which must be returned within ten (10) days from receipt, otherwise an alternate winner may be selected at Sponsor’s discretion. Return of prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification of the winner and an alternate winner will be selected. Guests of Grand Prize winners (or if a minor, a parent/legal guardian) must complete a liability/publicity release.
Two (2) Grand Prizes: The prize winners will each receive A Wine & Dine Weekend Getaway to Newport, Rhode Island. Valued at $3,000.00. The Weekend includes:
- A two-night stay in scenic Newport, Rhode Island at one of our convention hotels, with breakfast each morning!
- Two VIP tickets to the Grand Wine Tasting at the Newport Mansions Wine & Food Festival at Marble House on Saturday, September 19, 2020
- A $500 voucher towards air and or train transportation to Newport
- Two tickets for a schooner tour of Newport Harbor
- A $200 dining gift card
- A Newport welcome bag from our Destination Experts
Other restrictions may apply. Prizes are valid only for the winner of the prize, it is not transferable and may not be given, bartered, sold, or exchanged for cash or another prize, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion due to prize unavailability for any reason and then only for a prize of equal or greater value. In the event that any prize component is unavailable for any reason, the remaining elements of the prize shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor’s obligation to the Winners and no additional compensation will be awarded.
Prizes have no cash or exchange value. Prizes are not transferable, and may not be combined with any other offers, discounts, or promotions.
4. Terms and Conditions. All federal, provincial, state and local taxes on prizes and all expenses related to acceptance and use of prizes, not otherwise specified, are solely the responsibility of winners. By participating, entrants agree (a) to these Official Rules; (b) to the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final in all respects relating to the Promotion; and (c) to permit Promotion Entities to use his or her name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, voice likeness and city and state address for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in all media, including but not limited to on air and within Sponsor’s website, in perpetuity, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) and agree to execute specific consent to such use in writing if asked to do so.
All entrants assume all liability for any injury or damages caused or claimed to be caused by their participation in this Promotion. All entrants to the Promotion hereby release the Promotion Entities, and their respective advertising and promotion agencies, their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, and joint venture companies, as well as their respective officers, directors, and employees, from any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with this Promotion, or acceptance, possession, or use of any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, torts, warranty, or any other theory or cause of action.
The Promotion Entities, their advertising and promotion agencies, and all others associated with the development and execution of this Promotion are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (a) electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, including without limitation, server malfunction or by any human error which may occur in the processing or acceptance of entries; (b) failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions; (c) lost, late, misdirected, illegible or incomplete entries or postage-due mail; (d) any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor that may cause the Promotion to be disrupted or corrupted; (e) typographical errors in any materials relating to the Promotion; or (g) Acts of God, war, terrorism, government regulation, disaster, fire, strikes, civil disorder, or other similar causes beyond the control of the Sponsor, its affiliates, parent, and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotional agencies and their immediate assigns, making it inadvisable, illegal, impossible or impractical to continue the Promotion or to perform under these Rules, Terms and Conditions.
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend the Promotion or any portion thereof should virus, bugs or other causes beyond control of Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper administration or execution of the Promotion, in which case the prizes will be awarded via a random drawing from among all eligible entries actually received prior to cancellation. No prize assignment, transfer or cash redemption by winners is permitted. No prize substitution except by Sponsor due to unavailability in which case a prize of comparable or greater value will be awarded. All entries and entry information become property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
Participants are responsible for complying with these Official Rules, Terms and Conditions and all applicable laws. Sponsor reserves the right to amend these Rules, Terms and Conditions as necessary to ensure the fair execution of the Promotion and compliance with all applicable regulations.
Each winner must disclose their social security number or other applicable tax identification number to Sponsor for tax purposes. Each winner must execute an affidavit of eligibility, release of liability and (where legal) a publicity release, which must be returned within a time period specified in the notification letter, otherwise the prize may be forfeited, and an alternate winner may be selected. Sponsor retains the discretion to make all decisions regarding the interpretation and application of these rules. In the event the selected winner(s) of the prize are/is ineligible or refuse(s) the prize, the prize will be forfeited, and Sponsor may randomly select an alternate winner from remaining entries as outlined above. All participants and winners agree, by their participation in the Promotion, to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts and waive the right to contest personal jurisdiction.
5. Winners List: To receive a list of the two (2) grand prize winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Tim Walsh, Discover Newport, Wine &Dine Weekend Getaway to Newport, RI 23 America’s Cup Avenue, Newport, RI 02840. Requests must be received by July 3, 2020