Some Kind of Wonderful Giveaway Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The Discover Newport Some Kind of Wonderful Giveaway begins July 17, 2017 at 7:00 PM Eastern Standard Time (EST).
1. ELIGIBILITY. Sweepstakes is open only to current legal residents of the 50 states of the United States and the District of Columbia age 18 years and above at the time of entry. Discover Newport 23 Americas Cup Avenue, Newport RI 02840 is referred to as "Sponsor." The Sponsor and its advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of this Sweepstakes, any agents acting for, or on behalf of Sponsor, its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees, service providers, and any other person or entity associated with this Sweepstakes are referred to as the "Sweepstakes Entities." Employees, officers, and directors of the Sweepstakes Entities and members of their immediate families (spouses, children, siblings, parents and their spouses), and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, whether or not related, are ineligible to enter this Sweepstakes.
2. HOW TO ENTER. To enter, follow @dscvrnewport & @kindsnacks on Instagram, Tag three (3) friends in the comments of this Instagram post, and for an additional entry, share your favorite way to spread kindness in the comments!
3. GRAND PRIZE DRAWING AND NOTIFICATION OF CHOSEN ENTRANT. On July 24, 2017, the drawing date, one entrant will be selected at random by a representative of Sponsor from among all eligible entries received by the Sweepstakes Deadline, for the Grand Prize. Selected entrant will be required to respond (as directed) to the phone and/or e-mail notification within 72 hours of attempted notification. Failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the prize and, in such case, Sponsor may randomly select an alternate chosen entrant from among the remaining eligible entries. Selected entrant may also be sent an affidavit of eligibility / liability / publicity release (the "Release"). Unless restricted by law, selected entrant will be required to complete and return the Release within the time period specified therein. An alternate entrant may be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries if selected entrant: (i) cannot be reached; (ii) fails to obtain all signatures on the Release and to return the documents in a timely manner as required pursuant to these Official Rules; or (iii) cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason.
5. Any and all taxes, surcharges, personal expenses and travel costs are the responsibility of prize winner and are not included in the prize.
6. ODDS. The odds of winning a Grand Prize depend on the number of entries received.
7. CONDITIONS. After winning Entrant completes all required documents to Sponsor's satisfaction, Sponsor will send sweepstakes gift letter to winning Entrant via overnight mail. Winner agrees to allow the use of first name, city and state to be posted on social media. A photo will be taken at the time the gift letter is picked up for use on social media. Sweepstakes is subject to these Official Rules. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these complete Official Rules. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these complete Official Rules. All decisions of Sponsor are final and binding; and entrants agree to waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules, except where prohibited by law. By accepting a prize, winner agrees to release Sponsor, its attorneys, affiliates, together with the respective directors, employees, officers, licensees, licensors and agents of each, including without limitation, their respective advertising and promotion entities and any person or entity associated with the production, judging, or administration of the Sweepstakes, (collectively, the "Releasees") from any and all liability, loss or damage arising from or in connection with awarding, receipt and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any prize-related activities. Sponsor reserves the right to use the Sweepstakes for publicity purposes in any media, and to use the name, likeness, and hometown name and/or prize information of selected entrants as part of that publicity, without any compensation or prior review unless prohibited by law. Any such use with respect to minors shall be subject to prior approval of parent or legal guardian. Winner must supply Sponsor with his/her social security number for tax purposes. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of selected entrant, and winner will be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of the prize. This Sweepstakes is void outside the US and where prohibited or restricted by law, and subject to applicable federal, state, and local laws. Transportation to and from the hotel and performance are the sole responsibility of selected entrant. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or violating these Official Rules. The Releasees shall not be liable for: (i) computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (ii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iii) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; or (iv) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. Sponsor disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Sweepstakes, and reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor's control, corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines such entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes in any way by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices of intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other players or Sponsor representatives. Use of any automated system to participate is strictly prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor may disqualify at its sole discretion any entries it believes are created by an automated system. Sponsor may disqualify at its sole discretion any entries it believes exceed the weekly minimum. Disputes regarding these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes will be governed by the internal laws of the State of Rhode Island. Any and all legal actions or claims arising in connection with this Sweepstakes must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction within the United States. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE DISCOVERNEWPORT.ORG WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
9. OFFICIAL RULES. For a copy of these Official Rules, send your request in a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Discover Newport "Some Kind of Wonderful" Giveaway Official Rules, 23 Americas Cup Avenue, Newport, RI 02840. Request must be received by July 21, 2017.
10. WINNERS LIST. For name of the prize winner, available after July 24, 2017, send your request in a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Discover Newport "Some Kind of Wonderful" Giveaway Winner List, 23 Americas Cup Avenue, Newport, RI 02840. Request must be received by July 21, 2017.