Sometimes the best way to experience a place is by tasting your way through it. Enter: Food tours. With a food scene as diverse as Newport's, there's no shortage of opportunities to experience a variety of cuisines as you carve your way through the city's charming streets and byways.
These leisurely-paced food tours will take you on journey that sharpens your senses and indulges your foodie side.
1 NEWPORT FOODIES STROLL
Newport Foodies Stroll is a 2.5-hour walking tour where you'll taste a range of high-quality, modern American cuisine with a twist of fusion along Lower Thames Street. Learn a little history while indulging in big flavor from five popular eateries.
- Distance: 1.75 miles
- Tour Duration: 2.5 - 3 Hours
- When: April 28 - October 14, rain or shine
- Schedule: Wednesdays - Saturdays, 11:30 AM, and 12:00 PM
- Departs: From the wave statue at the intersection of America's Cup Avenue and Memorial Boulevard
- Tickets: $88 Adults, $55 Children, must be purchased in advance
Note: A winter foodie stroll, a smaller three-course meal experience, is offered select dates in December, February through early April too!
2 NEWPORT NEIGHBORHOOD FOOD TOUR
Rhode Island Red Food Tours provides a unique opportunity to sample food from at least six Newport restaurants in just one afternoon. With Rhode Island Red Food Tours, you'll gain new insight into the historical, architectural and cultural aspects of the city and learn the stories behind creatively inspired cuisine. Experience tastings from an 18th century tavern, juice bar, curated brasserie and more on this 3-3.5 hour tour.
- Distance: 1.3 miles
- Tour Duration: 3 - 3.5 Hours
- When: April - November, rain or shine
- Schedule: Thursday - Sunday, 12:00 PM
- Departs: The Northwest corner at the intersection of Marlborough & Dr. Marcus Wheatland Blvd.
- Tickets: $74, no alcohol, $89 with alcohol
*Vegetarian options and dietary restrictions considered
Tag your photos #TheClassicCoast for the chance to be featured on our accounts.