Leading luxury and lifestyle magazine Condé Nast Traveler just unveiled the winners of its 31st annual Readers' Choice Awards, ranking the best hotels, resorts, cities, islands, airlines, airports and cruise lines in the world. This year, the publication received a recording-breaking number of responses from nearly half a million readers with Newport and a handful of its lodging properties being honored in three categories:
- Newport: #14, Best Small Cities in the U.S.
- The Chanler at Cliff Walk: #8, Top Hotels in New England
- Castle Hill Inn: #14, Top Hotels in New England
- The Attwater: #28 Top Hotels in New England
- Hotel Viking: #34 Top Hotels in New England
- Gurney’s Newport Resort & Marina: #30, Top Resorts in New England
“Accolades like these further validate what makes our destination so extraordinary and they are a testimony to the outstanding service as well as the upscale amenities and offerings these lodging properties provide,” says Evan Smith, Discover Newport’s president and CEO. “I look at awards and other forms of positive media coverage of our destination as layers of influence that ultimately motivate travelers and reaffirms their plans to visit and experience new places. Admittedly, it’s difficult to measure or quantify travel as a direct result of media coverage, but I have no doubt that collectively, it moves the needle.”
The 2018 Readers' Choice Awards are celebrated in Condé Nast Traveler's November issue on newsstands October 16 and on online at www.cntraveler.com/rca.