Historic Bowen's Wharf in downtown Newport will host its annual Bowen's Wharf Seafood Festival on Saturday, October 13 through Sunday, October 14.
Named one of the 10 Fabulous Fall Festivals on the Coast by Coastal Living Magazine (you're about to find out why!), savor your way into Autumn with an array of fresh, local seafood including fish tacos, lobster rolls, fried calamari, oysters, signature cocktails and cold Whaler's Brewing beer.
Sit along the harbor and enjoy live music and family fun beneath the Wharf's festival tents. Other neighboring restaurants and fisherman's associations offer decadent seafood dishes from lobster dinners and award-winning clam chowder to stuffed quahogs, clam cakes, shrimp, scallops and more. Indulge your sweet tooth w fresh smoothies, donuts and kettle corn among cafe-style seating.
Proceeds from festival bars benefit Oliver Hazard Perry, RI's 200-foot official sailing education vessel.
As you savor fresh dishes, sit back and enjoy the beats from area bands. Live folk, Celtic, Caribbean and blues music are just a taste of what you'll hear.
Saturday, October 13
- 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM: The New40 Soulful groove with a twist
- 1:00 - 3:00 PM: Cee Cee & the Riders West Coast + Chicago blues
- 3:00 - 6:00 PM: Chelley, Bill & Dyl Cool jazz, soulful R&B, with a touch of Country
Sunday, October 14
- 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM: The TeleDynes Surf rock
- 1:00 - 3:00 PM: White-Eyed Lizard Band Caribbean energy
- 3:00 - 5:00 PM: The Copacetics Reggae + ska
Tag your photos #NPTrightnow for the chance to be featured on our accounts.