With major headliners such as Gregory Porter and Norah Jones, the Newport Jazz Festival will be filled with fantastic music, spirits and of course, outfits to impress. After a weekend full of Folkin' it up at Fort Adams for the Newport Folk Festival, it is time to rethink your weekend looks.
With the smooth sounds of Jazz on four different stages, it is time to match your looks to the music. Pull out the sophisticated day styles and stylish accessories to make your Jazz Festival outfits match the tune of the music.
Whether you need inspiration or an entire outfit or just that extra piece to jazz up your look, here is what we are recommending from our local shops:
1. Stay Cool: Both in Style and temperature. These late July days can predict long hours in the sun. Luckily, this local find is perfect for staying cool and cute from top to toes.
Francescas, 15 Long Wharf Mall, Newport
2. Elegant & sophisticated meets practical & comfortable in this handmade tunic dress.
Bellevue Beauty Walk, 1 Bannisters Wharf, Newport
PRO TIP: No white. While thinking breezy and cool, be sure to stay away from white for this festival. You'll be wandering around through the grass and dirt, so by the end of the day those brand new white linen pants won't look so white anymore.
3. Stay grounded: Do not wear heels or anything with a wedge. With a lot of walking and standing, stick to these trusty shoes, staying Jazzy while also saving your feet for a weekend of fun.
KRISTINA RICHARDS, 17 TOURO STREET, NEWPORT
4. Stick to a small satchel or clutch. Lugging around a large purse to different stages and venues will be very tiring.
PINK PINEAPPLE, 380 THAMES STREET, NEWPORT
CHACE N' LULU, 17 BOWEN'S WHARF, NEWPORT
5. I scream, you scream, we all scream for linen: This great linen dress and sunglasses combo is perfect for this weekend and any summer day thereafter. But remember: a touch of white is okay, but stay away from ALL white.
J. MCLAUGHLIN, 180 BELLEVUE AVENUE, NEWPORT
6. Pattern is key: Switch up your traditional Newport Gingham with this unique twist found at Dish in Warren:
Dish, 155 Water Street, Warren
7. Make all of your wishes come true: With this dainty, cute and stylish Dandelion Wish Necklace from Green Envy, you can carry around your Jazz Festival wishes with you at all times.
Green Envy Eco-Boutique, 8 Franklin Street, Newport
8. Don't let your ears only be filled with the sounds of Jazz, but rather let them shine with this fab find from Newport's own CK Bradley.
CK Bradley, 39 1/2 Memorial Boulevard, Newport
Bringing the Jazz-manian devils? Check out these great youth looks:
GROOVY GATOR, 129 SWINBURNE ROW, NEWPORT
BELLEVUE KIDS, 206 BELLEVUE AVENUE, NEWPORT