With smooth jazz radiating from four stages and big name performers like Andra Day, Snarky Puppy and The Roots, this year's Newport Jazz Festival promises fantastic music, spirits and of course, outfits to impress. Last week we brought you What to Wear to Newport Folk Festival. This week, we still have fashion on the brain as we switch gears for the highly anticipated Newport Jazz Festival.
1. Early August days in New England bring hot temperatures in the sun. This flowy two piece outfit is perfect for staying cool.
Francescas, 15 Long Wharf Mall, Newport
2. Elegant & sophisticated meets practical & comfortable in this handmade tunic dress.
Bellevue Beauty Walk, 1 Bannisters Wharf, Newport
PRO TIP: Try to avoid white. While thinking of what to wear to the fort, remember it is just that: a fort. You'll be walking around on grass and dirt, so by the end of the day those brand new white linen pants might not look so white anymore.
3. Stay grounded: The best way to jazz it up all weekend long is in comfortable shoes.
SOLE DESIRE, 131 SWINBURNE ROW, NEWPORT
4. Travel light and in style - small crossbody purses will be your best friend while navigating four different stages.
BRAHMIN, 22 BANNISTER'S WHARF, NEWPORT
5. Nothing bad ever came from wearing a romper, especially one with bell sleeves -- maximum airflow!
KRISTINA RICHARDS STUDIO, 108 WILLIAM STREET, NEWPORT
6. We're all for creating your own sunshine, but just for this weekend we're going to suggest you create your own shade.
COAST TO COUNTRY OUTFITTERS, 477 THAMES STREET, NEWPORT
FOR YOUR YOUNGER JAZZ LOVERS:
GROOVY GATOR, 129 SWINBURNE ROW, NEWPORT