Maxwell House

59 Church Street
Warren, RI 02885
(401) 245-0392


The Maxwell House was built between 1752 and 1756 by the Reverend Samuel Maxwell. The house, which is the oldest brick dwelling in Warren, is distinguished by the distinctive Flemish bond pattern of the brickwork, its field stone foundation, and its large central chimney. The Maxwell House is owned by The Massasoit Historical Association and is maintained as a working museum.