The Blue Garden opened in 1913 and was designed by Frederick Law Olmsted Jr. and the Olmsted Brothers firm. After the original owners, Harriet and Arthur Curtiss James, passed away in the 1940s, the garden fell into disrepair and was nearly destroyed. In 2014, the garden reopened after a complete reconstruction made possible by the philanthropy of Dorrance Hamilton. Visitors are welcome on Thursdays from June 11 through October 1, 2020. Advance reservations required. Contact email@example.com.