In these unprecedented times, there's nothing that matters to us more than the health and safety of our locals and visitors. Discover Newport has always been, and remains today, committed to providing you with the most up-to-date and accurate information about traveling to Newport safely. Close your eyes and take a deep breath. We're all in this together.We hope the details below serve as a helpful resource when seeking information and making decisions regarding any travel plans. As always, stay safe and we hope to see you soon.
INDOOR ATTRACTIONS OPEN
- Newport Art Museum: We hope you enjoy our new and continuing exhibitions, beautiful campus, and historic buildings. Art offers a wonderful respite from the daily stress and anxiety. Please take note of our new safety guidelines before arriving. Open Tues-Sat 10 AM to 4 PM and Sundays from 12 noon-5 PM. Masks required. NOTE: museum will be closed Friday-Sunday July 3-5 in observance of Independence Day.
International Tennis Hall of Fame Museum: Open Thursday-Sunday, from 10 AM to 3 PM. New Exhibits on display including a tribute to the Original 9-brave women who banded together to launch women's professional tennis 50 years ago this year. Online ticket purchasing is strongly recommended. There is no seating in the USTA wing, and the Roger Federer Hologram is limited to two visitors. Visitors are required to wear masks. The Hall of Fame Tennis Club, on newly resurfaced grass courts is also open to the public. Call 401-849-4777 to reserve your court time. Newport
Newport Car Museum: Now open for tours daily from 10 AM to 5 PM.Tickets can be purchased at the door or website. Regular admission: $18/adults; $15/Seniors, Military, Students; $8/Ages 5-15 (with an adult); Free/Ages 4 and under (with an adult). Portsmouth
- Newport Indoor Golf: Players can hone their skills, play all year round or catch 9 holes in an hour or less. Our facility is for everyone on all levels. Beginners can get a good solid start in their game with focused lessons or more experienced golfers can train for precision excellence. Trackman 4 Simulators. Open Tuesday -Saturday from 10 AM to 8 PM. Reserve your bay today at website. Portsmouth
- Newport Mansions:The Breakers and The Elms are open! The Breakers will be open seven days a week from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. with the last tour admission at 5 p.m. The Elms will also be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. every day with a final tour admission at 4 p.m. The Servant Life Tour will be available during that same time. Remember to please download the free audio tour from the Newport Mansions app, and do not forget your earphones or earbuds. Click here for more information Newport
- Tiverton Casino: Open Daily from 10 AM to 3 AM. Features 33,600 sq. ft. of gaming space. Included are 1,000 of the newest video slots and several table games. New protocols we have put in place to ensure safety for those visiting during these initial phases. Tiverton
OUTDOOR ATTRACTIONS OPEN
On the Water Boating & Sailing
- 12 Meter Charters: Sailing daily for private charters and ticketed sails this summer. The fleet of America's Cup 12-Meters available for charter now includes Columbia the 1958 America's Cup winner, Nefertiti designed by legendary sailor Ted Hood for the 1962 America's Cup, and American Eagle a 1964 contender and Ted Turner's 1979 Fastnet winner and World Ocean Racing Champion. Face coverings are required for guests and crew and social distancing measures taken. Contact surfaces are sanitized before each sail. Visit website for tickets and information.
- Adirondack II: Step aboard a classic Schooner for ticketed day sails, romantic sunset sails or book a private yacht charter. All harbor tours are an hour and a half and beverages provided.Check website for info and tickets. Social distancing on vessel with reduced capacity, boat sanitized after every sail, masks required for boarding and disembarking schooner. Newport
- Amazing Grace Harbor Tours: One Hour scenic cruise offers close-up views of the Newport Bridge, Rose Island Lighthouse, Fort Adams, and the Mansions experiencing spectacular panoramas of the bay. Tours available daily at 12 noon, 1:30 PM, 3:00 PM, and 4:30 PM. Evening tours on weekends, visit website for tickets. Newport
- America's Cup Charters: Sail on the America’s Cup winning yachts. Check out our website for your opportunity to have a “Uniquely Newport Adventure”. With over 30 years of experience, we are THE premier sailing company in Newport. Step aboard the illustrious 2-time America’s Cup winner Intrepid, or her 1970 competitor Heritage. Take the helm of JFK’s favorite, the 1962 Cup winner Weatherly. Onawa, a 1928 classic beauty, rounds out our fleet of four 12 Meters yachts, making ACC the largest fleet of 12’s. We’re located right in the center of town at the Newport Hotel Marina. Come relax with us or take a turn on the helm for an exhilarating sail about Narragansett Bay. Our fleet is available for Private Charter for your guests or purchase one of our Daily Ticketed Sails and join in with others. Call (401)-849-5868 for your reservation.
- Coastal Queen: Come aboard the new vessel and enjoy a one-hour Scenic Bay Cruise around magnificent Newport Harbor. Wine & Cheese Tastings, Scenic and Sunset cruises . Cloth face covering required. Departs from Bowen’s Wharf Visit website for tickets and info. Newport
- Fish' n Tales Adventure: Come aboard the 50′ fishing vessel Northeastern on a memorable adventure in Narragansett Bay. Choose either a Lobstering or Fishing trip. Northeastern is located on Bowen’s Wharf. Covid 19 restrictions apply, no dogs allowed. Check website for dates, times of tours and tickets info. Newport
- Gansett Cruises:Offering one and a half hour narrated boat tours and sunset cruises on Narragansett Bay. Enjoy a scenic tour of Newport and Jamestown, with complimentary local food and drink. Covid 19 restrictions apply. Check website for dates, times of tours and tickets info. Newport
- Sloop Eleanor:Step aboard the classic Sloop and enjoy a day sail, or a romantic sunset sail .Kick back and relax and let our most hospitable crew cater to you.Check website for info and tickets. Social distancing on vessel with reduced capacity, boat sanitized after every sail, masks required will boarding and departing sloop. Newport
- Madeline: Offering harbor tours daily aboard our Classic 72- foot schooner. Scenic day sails at 11 AM, 1:15 PM, 3:30 PM, and a Champagne Sunset Sail at 6:30 PM Check website for tickets and tour times. Covid -19 Restrictions apply. Newport
- Providence-Newport Ferry: Departs PVD to Newport, and service to Bristol on the weekends. Schedules and fares visit the website. Riders advised to make reservations in advance as capacity will be limited.
- Sail Newport: Try Sailing at Sail Newport. Our J/22 Sailboats are ready to rent. To make an appointment to rent a sailboat call the Sail Newport Dock Office at (401) 849-8385. Certain Restrictions apply, see website for details. Newport.
- Sightsailing of Newport: Offering daily sailing and private charters. Please visit our website for dates, times of tours and availability of our boats. Covid-19 Restrictions apply. Newport
On the Land
- The 1739 Colony House: Tours will be given on Fridays and Saturdays in June from 10 AM to 2 PM. Visitors can view the first floor, ask learn about the building's rich history. Certain restrictions apply; must wear face mask,and follow social distancing guidelines.Tickets which must be purchased in advance visit website.
- Fort Adams at the Fort Adams Trust:: Open for Self-Guided Tours daily from 10:00 AM- 3:00 PM. Newport
- Newport History Walking Tours: The Newport Historical Society offers two distinct themes: Discover Colonial Newport and the Common Burying Ground, Fridays and Saturdays. Information, tour schedule and tickets which must be purchased in advance visit website. Newport
- Newport Travel Tours: Enjoy a 90- minute scenic overview tour of Newport, fully narrated and covering over 100 points of interest. Tours offered Friday- Sunday at 10 AM, and 1 PM. Visit the website for times and to purchase tickets. Newport
- Rail Explorers: Daily tours, check website for times and reservations. Booking ahead is strongly recommended. Due to the popularity of Rail Explorers, and the limited number of seats available, many tours sell out quickly, particularly on weekends. Seats are not held in reserve for walk-ins. Portsmouth.
- Scooter World: offering a variety of vehicles to rent ranging from bicycles to the new 3-wheeled scooter, the ultra- popular Scoot coupe. Open Daily from 9 AM to 7 PM. Visit the website for reservations. Newport
- Viking Tours of Newport: Starting 7/9/20. Hop aboard for Tour #1 A scenic Overview Tour, Thursday-Sunday at 10 AM and 1:30 PM Enjoy the charm of Newport’s historic buildings and restored homes on this narrated tour covering over 150 points of interest. Take in the rugged beauty of Ten-Mile Ocean Drive and the fabulous mansions along tree-lined Bellevue Avenue. (Approximately 90 minutes). Book your tour now.
In the Air
Island Style Parasail: Enjoy breathtaking views as you float over the sea behind 1000 feet of line. Before arriving we want to encourage people to book online as well as complete safety waivers in the confirmation email to reduce personal contact upon check-in.
Newport Helicopter Tours: Open for private tours and charters. Covid -19 Health safety protocols in place. Only flying 2 passengers at a time in the rear seats (picture a taxicab). We are disinfecting our helicopters between every flight, and all guests and company employees are required to wear masks. For reservations, visit the website and or call (401) 843-8687. Middletown
- Audubon Nature Center: Trails remain open. (Nature Center & Aquarium closed). Bristol
Blithewold Mansion: The gardens are now open to the public. The roses are in full bloom, and the next few weeks will be full of beautiful roses blooming their perfumed heads off in the Rose Garden. With over 40 varieties of roses on display, come and smell the roses! Visit the website to pre-register for timed tickets, limited to groups of people, everyone must wear a face covering and remain physically distanced from other visitors. Visitor Center Gift shop and public bathrooms open Tuesday-Sunday. Bristol
- The Blue Garden: The notable gardens created by Frederick Law Olmsted Jr., remain a unique expression of landscape art.The Blue Garden one hour tour is only open on Thursdays to small groups or individuals interested in landscape architecture, garden design, historic preservation, or horticulture. Prior reservations are required in advance of your visit and to confirm your reservations. If additional tickets are required, please email email@example.com to check availability and to purchase them online before your visit. Parking is very limited. Face coverings and social distancing required. No public restrooms available. Newport
- Cliff Walk: Newport's most popular coastal trail is open. When walking the CliffWalk, please remain a safe distance from other walkers (6ft. or more if possible). Please don’t litter, its not only bad for the environment, but it may also carry virus residue, so we ask that you carry out any trash you bring. Note that the restrooms at the 40 steps are currently closed, and finally as always, please pick-up after your dog and keep them on a leash. Newport
- Norman Bird Sanctuary: Our trails are open daily from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Buy trail passes online or by phone (401-) 846-2577 before hiking. Certain restrictions apply: You must wear a mask or face covering unless doing so would damage the person's health, or the visitor is less than 2 years of age; maintain six feet of distance between other parties. No public restrooms are available. Trail fees Adults $7, Senior /Military $6, Student/Child (3 and older) $3. No dogs allowed. Middletown
- Quonset View Farm- Pick your own Strawberries, Open daily 8 AM to 6 PM. Must wear face covering, keep 6-ft distance, and you may bring your own container. Portsmouth.
- Rough Point Grounds: Grounds and gardens only access. Enjoy spectacular ocean views, explore two gardens, and learn about the history of the Rough Point estate and current care taking of the grounds.Please be aware timed tickets MUST be reserved online prior to your visit, and all visitors are required to comply with all COVID-19 safety protocols.Click here more information on tickets and guidelines.
- Touro Synagogue Grounds: Modified public tour schedule includes public access to the grounds and outdoor history presentations by Touro Synagogue guides. Open Sunday through Friday from 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM, weather permitting. Presentations limited to 15 people per group, masks mandatory, and social distancing protocols will be in place, no on-site bathroom facilities available. Synagogue and Loeb Center buildings remain CLOSED. Reservations are not necessary, no fee to enjoy the grounds but donations accepted. 401-847-4792 Newport
- Easton's Beach/First Beach: Beach goers are advised that the beach lot will be open, and lifeguards will be on staff daily from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. Restrooms will also be open, bath houses, the carousel and aquarium are currently closed. Parking capacity will be capped at 300 cars with limited parking for Newport residents available in the West Lot. Concessions at the beach, including the popular Easton’s Beach Snack bar. Face coverings are required when walking to and from your vehicle, and in the restrooms and snack bar. Picnic tables are available but please bring your own table covering and sanitizing wipes to be mindful of those around you. The enhanced protocols are to ensure the health and safety of staff and patrons. Newport.
Sachuest Beach/Second Beach: Open daily from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Lifeguards will be provided. Main pavilion will be closed to the public but portable toilets are available. Parking at the lot will be on a first come first serve basis until the parking lot reaches restricted capacity. Beach patrons are asked to follow the “carry in, carry out” policy and to take their trash with them. Visit website for more information. Middletown
Arts & Culture
- Jamestown Arts Center: Gallery re-opening on Friday. View the exhibition, A Mystic Pause, dramatic installations of rock and sky with permanence and stillness, now thru August 15. Thursdays 4-7 PM, Friday and Saturday 11 AM to 3 PM. Must make an appointment with groups of up to 5 people at a time, in 20 minute time slots. Call Exhibition Director at 401-285-6925 or e-mail her at Karen@jamestownartcenter.org
Vineyards & Breweries
- Greenvale Vineyards:Tasting room closed but offering curbside take-away and wine deliveries for those living within 35 miles of the vineyard. Grab and fill a picnic basket, take-away a bottle of wine and reserve your picnic spot in the vineyard. Available Friday-Sunday Call 401-847-3777 to make your reservation. Covid-19 restrictions apply. Portsmouth
Newport Craft Brewing & Distilling: Tasting Room and Pavilion have been updated to allow more space and are now open at 50% capacity. Per state guidelines - reservations are required & no walk-ins are allowed. Our new hours are Monday-Thursday 12 - 7 PM Friday- Sunday 12 - 8 PM (401)849-5232
- Newport Vineyards: Welcome back to the vineyard. Now offering Winery Flight Tastings with table reservations in the Tank Room and Outdoor Patio. Indoor Tasting room is still closed. Brix restaurant is offering take out for both beer, wine and food with curbside pickup. How to order: Call in at (401)848-5161 or visit the website. Looking for a gift, be sure to check out the great shopping in their Marketplace. Covid 19 restrictions apply.
- Taproot Brewing Co: Taproot Beer tasting flights, “glasses”, pints and Brix Outdoors bites, now available. Reservations are required.
Closed until Further notice
- Linden Place
- Newport Visitor Information Center
- Redwood Library and Athenaeum Re-opening on July 15, 2020
- Save the Bay Exploration Center and Aquarium
- Jane Pickens Theater (Closed until further notice)
- Bristol Art Museum (Closed until further notice)
- U.S. Naval War College Museum (Closed until further notice)
While every effort is made to assure accuracy of the above information, please check with each business prior to visiting. Subject to change.
Updated 7/2/20 at 5:10PM
Tag your photos #TheClassicCoast for the chance to be featured on our accounts.