A peacock, hummingbird and unicorn—oh my!
Enter inside the seven-acre Portsmouth estate to explore the oldest and most northern topiary garden in the United States, Green Animals Topiary Garden. Home to more than 80 topiary animals, geometric shapes, designs, and other figures, and teeming with colorful flowers from April through October, experience an incredible collection of seasonal blooms that all ages will enjoy. Coming this month to Green Animals—explore Sean Kenney’s award-winning exhibition “Sean Kenney’s Nature Connects”, where you will find 14 sculptures crafted from the iconic LEGO® Bricks.
Picture this: a hummingbird feeding on a flower, a peacock rattling its feathers, and Sean’s Bonsai Tree (on display in the Welcome Center at the Breakers)—all made from the classic plastic blocks that we all know and love.
- The exhibit will be open to the public starting May 26 through September 10 from 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Visitors will need to purchase a special ticket in advance, that will require the selection of a date and a time slot (either morning or afternoon). Buy tickets here.
- Members: Free
- Adults: $25
- Youth (6-12): $10
Photo Credit: The Preservation Society of Newport County and Sean Kenney
About The Topiary Garden
- Green Animals Topiary Garden is the oldest and most northern topiary garden in the United States
- Green Animals was recognized by the American Daffodil Society at one of 28 official Daffodil Display Gardens in the country (and one of three in New England)
- There are more than 22,000 daffodils, 37,000 tulips, and many other species that bloom in the late spring, summer and fall on the 7-acre property
Tag your photos #TheClassicCoast for the chance to be featured on our accounts.