Newport is blessed with some pretty dreamy weather most months out of the year. Plenty of sea breeze and sunny locales make for picnic-worthy settings all around town.
This year welcomes the return of the picnic experience at the former summer "cottages" of America's wealthiest, the Newport Mansions, and it’s designed for people who want to enjoy the coast's perfect weather alongside some of the most stunning architecture and garden scapes in New England. The Preservation Society of Newport County’s gives visitors the opportunity to picnic on the historic landscapes of their iconic summer "cottages".
Any admission ticket you purchase allows you to picnic on the grounds, before or after you tour the house.
For the current operating schedule, please visit NewportMansions.org.
The Breakers: $29 for adults and $10 for youth ages 6-17.
All other homes: $25 for adults and $10 for youth ages 6-17.
Tickets available through NewportMansions.org.
LOCAL PICNIC IDEAS:
Pack a blanket and don't forget the most important part: the food. These local spots have just what you need for a picture-perfect picnic.
- Cheshire picnic basket with flatware, plates, wine glasses, etc.: Newport Mansions Store
- Green plaid lawn blanket: Newport Mansions Store
- Votes for Women Tea Towel: Newport Mansions Store
- Newport Coordinate Wine Glasses: Primavera Newport
- Newport Coffee Growler: The Nitro Bar
- Fruit + cookies: Sweet Berry Farm
- Wine: Newport Vineyards | Greenvale Vineyards
- Charcuterie Board: Sharing the Taste
- Honey: Aquidneck Honey
Tag your photos #TheClassicCoast for the chance to be featured on our accounts.